From:
"Scott D. MacKay" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 1995 13:47:01 +0500
Hi there!

    I just recently subscribed on this list, to start flooding myself with
ferret-ish info, stories, etc.  I am a former ferret owner, as of last
August.  Frito (the ferret) died of various natural complications, after a
nice 8 years of life (got him when he was a pup (cub? runt?)).  Just recently
have I been thinking of the little fuzzies (at least in the me-having-said-
critter) again, and though the flood of ferret-dom would help me  :)
Frito was always a very active from the start, starting with his constant
running around, bumping into every conceiveable object (and getting angry
and very fierce looking (at least to inanimate objects like chairs, shoes,
etc).  Whenever he was mad/highly playful he would bounce around sideways,
meeping (or beeping).  He never could get the knack of jumping down when
he was young.  Whenever he had to go down more than 1 foot, his butt would
always seem to get too much kinetic energy and he landed on his back
(and of course reel aroung meeping, looking for the scum that made him
flip).  He of course got calmer (after 5 years or so), but still held the
belief that his goal in life was to make sure every cup and bowl in existance
was tipped on its side.  His death was not too sudden; he was in and out of
the vet's alot the last year or two, with a fair amount of late night
emergency visits due to insulin problems.  He is greatly missed, though I
hope to someday soon get another (probably two) as soon as I work up to
purchasing again (emotional thang).  Thanks for being, Frito.

Scott