From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 20:21:57 EST
Sean's valentine is named Rocky.  Sean walked into the shelter and told the
lady he was special and he had to have a very special ferret.  He said he
could ONLY have a special ferret.  So the lady put Rocky (aka Chester)
right in his arms.  Sean asked, "is HE special?".  The lady said yes, and
told him how special.

Rocky has his own story.  He came into a pet store entirely too young.  He
developed pneumonia from the trip.  He could only fit in the palm of your
hand.  He was very undersized even for his age.  His little eyes got sealed
shut, and horribly infected.  It was thought he would go blind even if he
did survive at all.  These kind shelter people brought this dying ferret
home to try to save.  He had no fight left in him hardly.  So this couple
fought for him.  They nursed him and fed him round the clock and gave him
vet care.  Then they would hold him til he felt safe, and went to sleep.

Today Rocky is a whopping big boy, with bright eyes, and full of love and
energy.  He curls right up to your neck and licks you.  He will sit with
you and cuddle all day.  He has choclate freckles just like Sean.  His
little nose looks like someone outlined it with choclate eyeliner.  When
Sean talks this little boy talks back.  They talk all about "it".

Sean and his daddy thought of the name Rocky because of how he perservered
to such adverse circumstances.  I liked it because he loves to be rocked.
He is fast as a rocket too.  But we will always remember that his given
name is Chester, as he came from such a loving couple.

Sean brought Rocky on the bus today to introduce him to all his special
needs friends.  The children had such trust and wonder in their eyes as
they petted him.  And Sean kept saying he was a real ferret daddy now.  He
kept saying that Rocky was very special.  When Rocky is secure in his new
home here, Sean is to bring Rocky to school to show everyone down the road.

I think these two little guys have an awful lot to give one another.  I
think Sean is going to learn to cuddle and love even more from Rocky.  And
when Sean is unable to vocalize... I know Rocky will do it for him.  I'll
tell you what.  I feel like I'm the luckiest person in the world today....
next to that shelter couple that is.

wolfy