From:
Debi Christy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:32:17 -0800
Thanks for stepping in and picking up the Carrolton ferret.  We exhausted
all our phone numbers trying to find someone who could get her.

As far as we've been able to determine, there are NO ferret shelters in
the Dallas/Ft.Worth area at this time.  This is a hugh metropolitan area
with a large ferret population despite the fact that ferrets are illegal
Dallas County.

There are at least 10 different animal control agencies in this area...
only two or three would ever bother to contact a ferret shelter before
euthanizing ferrets, and that was only if a particular person on the staff
got around to it... only two or three of them know anything at all about
proper housing and food for ferrets.  Information provided by clubs and
shelters is generally filed in the trash can and never distributed to the
staff.

There is a tremendous need for halfway houses in this area.

Debi Christy
Ferrets First Foster Home

Practical & easy training, care, & maintenance articles available at
http://www.geocities.com/ferretsfirst/