From:
Paula Federici <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 09:45:26 -0800
If this message seems garbled please forgive me but I am so upset I am not
thinking straight.  This morning I woke up and went in to check on all the
ferrets (they have their own bedroom).  I saw one of my guys with his tail
puffed up and went to see why, then I found my blessed Guido dead.  This
boy was about 31/2 y/o and in great health.  All the others seemed fine.  I
took Guido in for a necropsy and my vet said his belly was full of blood.
He asked me if Guido could have gotten into anything like rat poison which
was impossible since I do not use any type of toxin in my home.  He r/o an
injury as their was no bruising or sign of an injury.

Prior to this morning, Guido seemed fine.  No diarrhea, good appetite,
normal activity.  The only odd thing was that he put himself to bed earlier
than usual.

I feed TF and Iams cat food with duck soup given every other day.  I use
diaper wipes to clean cages and organic products to wash everything.  I
have no pesticides in my house.

Please if anyone can help shed some light on what happened let me know.  I
am so afraid something may happen to the rest of my angels.

Paula and the Fuzzy Mafia
PF Ferrets Shelter and Rescue.