From:
Especially Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 08:05:29 -0600
Most people know when it is time to help their loved ones cross the
bridge.  It is a personal choice.  For many, the time is different.  Mine
is different from yours.  I do not advocate letting an animal suffer, but
given the benefit of doubt.  It seems a few of you did see the word
"alternative" in my posts and have kept quiet on the list, others did not
and I hope that now they do.  I do hope that the next time someone thinks
of putting down their pet cuz they are moving, or some other petty reason,
they will think about the controversy of when and when not to end life.
This message I send to the whole world and hope that if one life is spared
and untimely death due to this post, it was worth the controversy.

For those of you who relived the pain of your loss, I am sorry, but I
could see no other way.

Hugs to all,
Ferretguy