From:
Kevin and Vikki Lager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 2013 07:14:15 -0500
One of the good things about ferret people, ferret groups and the FML
is that we are all very different individuals with varied backgrounds
and situations and interests who all have a single, special interest
in common - we care deeply about ferrets and their well-being. Due to
those differences, there will be things posted on the FML and/or in
other groups to which we belong that don't particularly interest us
or that aren't fully in agreement with our feelings, thoughts and/or
methods.

I agree with the comments previously made that when we don't agree with
something or when something doesn't interest us, we should just skip
over it and move along to the next post.

Many have been able to put themselves in Nell's shoes and understand
the needs she has and the decisions she has made. I can personally
sympathize with Nell in a way that most people can't.. I have lived
in the third world. My husband and I lived in a poor South American
country for just under 11 years. Unless and until you have experienced
the joys, the challenges and the frustrations of the workings of a
third world country, you will not be able to completely understand
the complexities of Nell's situation. She intended to do something
fulfilling that would not only benefit her but would also benefit the
loving, trusting people in Ethiopia who were in need of assistance
and would further allow her to enjoy her own animals and help other
animals. Unfortunately, for every person in a third world country who
appreciates the efforts of a foreigner, there are many more who view
the foreigner as a rich "cash cow" who isn't one of them or who can be
taken advantage of easily. And in the third world, animals are often
not viewed or cared for in the same way that they are in other areas.

I just feel that we should all continue to support and help one
another where possible and pass over the differences with sympathy
and understanding.

That's just my two cents' worth. I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings
or step on anyone's toes.

Vikki Lager