Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 2011 22:05:23 -0400
P.S.

As an important after thought, I wanted to say that although I have
taken in some abused and unsocialized ferrets over the years, and joke
about them... as I do about Mouse....I do not have the gift that others
have. I do not have an aura, or ferret presense, or charisma that
others of you like my friend Zoo have.

It makes it a bit more difficult (and adventurous) to "survive" the
surprize attacks. Especially since my little ones are free roam. I
have no children that my unpredictable ferrets can ever hurt. And I
love them all the more because they need a loving patient environment,
though they have no idea that when they push me around and bite me
bloody that another person would....and already has...hurt them. And
that somebody else might actually kill them.

I have NO pretenses of being anything like Zoo or you other shelter
moms and dads. She and her husband Kurt can soften and calm some of the
worst ferret biters. I have NO 6th sense or ferret magic in my bones.
Nor do I have the thick skin Kurt has. (Hi Kurt. Thank you for playing
with Buffy with me, brave dear.)

I just love the little ones, and feel blessed to be able to take in a
few that others could not. truly blessed. The babies do get less bitey.
They do stop hating and fearing. But they always remain unpredicable
and potentially dangerous to someone like a small child....and
sometimes to me.

Thus, the need for two strong hands and fingers before Mouse comes
home.

Lisette