Date:
Fri, 2 Oct 2009 11:11:55 -0400
http://www.creationsbyangie.com/3.html

OXFORD FERRET RESCUE ONLINE RAFFLE!!!
September 8, 2009 to October 18, 2008

This is our second annual online raffle. The shelter really needs
everyone's help. There have been a number emergency surgeries just in
the last few weeks. There are currently over 80 ferrets in the rescue,
the majority of which are 5+ years old. Claudia Johnson, shelter
director, has over 40 on melatonin implants and/or lupron injections.
She also has 30 on pred, 5 on diazoxide, and many more on other
medications. Many of these ferrets are on more than one medication.
Claudia works for our vet and it seems every time she goes to work she
comes home with an extra ferret or two that has been dumped at the
clinic or brought in for her! The dumping is far exceeding adoptions!!

Here are a few stories of just the latest dumps:

Claudia is a vet tech who works for our ferret vet, Dr Keith Gold, at
Chadwell Animal Hospital.

Emily came into the clinic with a broken leg. She is 9 years old!!! Her
previous owner let her ride on her shoulder in the car with the window
open. Luckily when she jumped out the window on Rt 695 near Towson Md,
the car was going slow. After weeks of splinting her leg, the owner
came up with various excuses and asked Claudia to take her and her 5
year old companion. Her leg wasn't healing so it was amputated and
she is doing great. She's also now on pred and melatonin implants.

Lapita and Sprite were from a group of 5 ferrets turned into the humane
society when their owner committed suicide. Of course, they turned over
the oldest and naked ones to the shelter. They were so very thin and
have taken alot of care to bring them back to health. Claudia has since
taken in the third ferret because of weight loss. He was recently
diagnosed with insulinoma and an enlarged kidney. Luckily he's doing
well at this time.

Pictures of these ferrets are on the raffle site.

Here is your chance to Help!!!!
To buy tickets with Check or MO:
All checks and MO's must be received by October 10th.
Please send a check or MO (payable to Oxford Ferret Rescue) with
directions for which items you
want tickets for and your e-mail addy to confirm ticket numbers to:

Angie Chappell
11 Chantilear Ct.
Stewartstown, PA 17363

To buy tickets online with CC:
Due to continuing problems with paypal we will NOT be using paypal at
this time.

To purchase tickets with CC send the following information to

Full name.
Card Type (Visa/Master Card) only
Card Number
Expiration Date
V-Code (3 digit number on back of card on signature panel of card)
Full billing address and phone number
Number of Tickets purchased
Directions for which raffle items you would like tickets for.

Ticket numbers will be e-mailed within 3 days of receipt of payment.

We have some fantastic raffle items and we hope every can spare even a
few dollars to help Claudia and all the ferrets in her care! If anyone
has any questions please do not hesitate to email me. Thank you all in
advance from Claudia and all the ferrets!

Lisa Vible
Oxford Ferret Rescue Volunteer