From:
Laurie Murchie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 1997 10:10:48 -0200
I don't know what to say.....tears are streaming down my face as I sit here,
reading Kymmie's post to the FML on my behalf.  I never expected let alone
asked for her to appeal for funds for my little Hob Buster...Certainly when
I sent her the money for Josie, it was never with any thought of
remuneration or glory - Kym knows I would've refused any attempts, anyway.
The only thing that mattered to me was that Josie was failing fast and that
little one DESERVED TO LIVE (as do they all) and if I could do anything
about it, I would.  It wouldn't have mattered to me if Kym had taken the
money and never said a word to me about it as long as she'd used it on
Josie's behalf.  A FERRET WAS IN NEED...a ferret that I've held, hugged,
kissed and watched scamper around Kym's ferret room (when I was up there for
her wedding - Kym's, not Josie's :) That's all that mattered to me.  I owe
SOO much to ferretkind, my Slinky in particular - were it not for him, I'd
probably be an alcoholic today.  He's what made me start caring again after
possibly the worst year and a half of my life and stopped me from drinking
myself possibly to death.  When I say he's my Sanity, I'm not being cute -
I'm being serious.  [You couldn't be cute if you tried, Boss] (Shut up,
Slinky) [Truth hurts, doesn't it?] (**sigh**)

I don't care about the money...WHATEVER IT TAKES to enhance Nala's quality
of life for whatever quantity of it she has left is all that's important to
me.  What's a paltry half grand or so invested in a creature you wouldn't
take a million for?

I just want to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all the outpouring of
love and support so many of you have e-mailed Nala and me.  I'm NOT asking
for money - granted, I'm in no position to refuse any generous contributions
and any money I didn't use for Nala would be forwarded to Kym/PFRA who needs
it far more desperately than I do (if this is a hint for donations for her,
well, I'll leave that for you to decide... :)  But your support means SOO
much more to me than any amount of money...I feel like I'm losing whatever I
have that passes for a mind right now...My little tyrant can be incredibly
full of pep one moment and then absolutely wiped out the next...an inactive
Nala is practically unheard of....I held her in my arms last night and just
cried and cried and cried...boy, did she get wet.....This is nothing that so
many of you haven't gone through before, not just once but many times, and I
don't mean to sound like a broken record, but, oh gad, I never knew it could
hurt like this.....

Special love and thanks to my three God-given Blessings, Kymmie, Karen and
Sam....Without you three in my life, I don't know how I'd be able to deal
with any of this.....Each of you knows what you mean to me....

And thanks to all of you wonderful people on the FML who love our little
scraps of sunshine wrapped up in fur and support each other as beautifully
as you have me....and so many others.....many, MANY hugs from me and mine to
you and yours....

Slinky's Domesticated Human,

             The Boss
  (sometimes known as Laurie)

           Managed by

        ** drum roll, please **

        The Terrorist Triumvirate

Slinky The  Moondancer:      "Dogs and cats, no doubt, are cool..."
Spahetti the JoyBouncer:      "But s/he who loves ferts is no one's fool..."
Nala the Hob Buster:            "So face it, humans - FERRETS RULE!"