From:
Samantha Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 20:23:36 +1200
Hi guys!

I've just heard about two fuzzies from Utah who need new homes.  The girl
(Sarah) who owns them is shifting, and the apartment where she is moving to
will *not* allow her to keep her two little sprites.  Her sister wanted the
little fuzzies, but isn't able to due to her SO's violent allergies :o(

The message her sister has sent was to a chat line about ferrets, and is as
follows:

>I was very interested to find this topic because my sister has two ferrets.
>They are both females and their names are Shea (she is almost two) and Noel
>(she is six months - I think) Shea recently had some health problems she
>became very lethargic and her hair started falling out and her "parts"
>bacame swollen.  Naturally my sister, Sarah, became very concerned and too
>her to the vet.  Shea had a bladder infection and was malnourished because
>the new baby is son demanding and dominant she wasn't getting to eat
>properly.  The vets cure for this problem was to separate them at night and
>feed them separately along with giving Shea a small amount of liver every
>night and Noel a portion once a week.  The vet advised Sarah that this was
>a good idea because even some ferret foods don't have a high enough protien
>and iron content for ferrets to be properly cared for.  Sarah has
>encountered one more problem she lives in a small town in Utah and has had
>to move apartments and may have to get rid of her ferrets and she can't
>handle the thought of have them euthenized.  Does anyone know of someone
>looking for well loved ferrets in the southern Nevada or southern Utah area
>that may want to adopt these little darlings, though it breaks my heart to
>have to ask that question and puts me in near tears.  If you do or have any
>suggestions or comments feel free to write to me at the listed email
>address or I'll try to figure out how I found my way to this location
>again.  Thanx!  Dena

To any that can reply, they can e-mail the girls sister (Dena) at

As you may be able to tell, Dena is heartbroken at the thought of the
fuzzies leaving, and Sarah (owner) feels the same.

Any responses sent to me ([log in to unmask]) I will pass along for them.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions, and your help

Sam