From:
Erika Vinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 21:32:07 -0800
Hi All
I posted just on Monday asking for resources for Distemper vaccine.  Thanks
for everyones response.  It's ordered and on its way.

Now for the truly bizarre!  A neighbor showed up at the front door this
evening to inform the 'hood that her new puppy had come down with Parvo and
was at the vets for trtmt.  Also, that another neighbors adopted drop off
had just had puppies.  OK I know my k-9s are good to go-boosters in place.
BUT - I can't believe I don't know this, are my ferts safe?  Know from
experience, unfortunately, about Parvo in dogs, and that the younger the
more suseptable, etc.  But can the Parvo virus show up in ferts?  Realizing
just how contagious it is, I am scared to death.  Also.  with the puppies,
being that they are a big surprise and not wanted, I know no vacs will be
given there, so I am very concerned about that.  Not that the ferts will be
around the pups, but this is the country, and the hood dogs do socialize,
and they are around my ferts.  Besides the distemper is there anything else
I can vaccinate for, or take any other precautions w/o bathing the dogs in
bleach b4 they come in?  ( kidding about the bleach) HELP!  Please.

Thank You All