From:
Sharon Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 May 2002 12:56:36 EDT
>I am replacing the flooring in my home every year.  The ferrets ruin the
>carpet.  They dig holes in the middle of the room.Mini-Me destroyed my
>den this way last year.

This I can't help you with.  Have you tried the digging boxes?  Rice,
beans or starch peanuts?

>And then there is the poop that sprays above the litter boxes and
>splatters on the walls.  Constant scrubbing washes off the paint.  It cas
>only been 3 years, and I need to paint again.

This I can help with.  I had the same problem inside the cage and out.  To
solve the cage problem I bought some nice fabric that I tacked to the
walls around the cage When I did ferret wash I just stripped the fabric
off and washed it.  For the litter boxes on the floor in the other rooms I
made screens of linoleum that stood up around the pan, the pans also sat
on a square of linoleum.  This of course has no effect on the "I'm going
to do it in the middle of the floor.", poopers but it did save my walls
and carpet edges.

Since these are rescues and older maybe harder to train ferrets, this will
only slow down the problem but I hope it helps.

Sharon Wood
Ferret Corner