From:
Rebecca Zee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 19:02:22 -0700
Hello everyone,

I have two ferrets, Dante and Duchess, who are really wonderful.  They
are only about 3.5 months old.  Well, when we got them, Duchess learned
how to use the litter box right away on the first day.  However, Dante
was taking a while to catch on.  Actually, ever since we got him he has
been consistently missing the box.  We got them a huge three level cage
but have been limiting them to only one level because they like to use
every conceivable corner even though we put nice, comfortable bedding
throughout.  It is a bit disappointing that we can't let them use the
entire cage since it is really diffiult to clean up poops from every
corner every day.  Their accuracy is much better when we only let them
use one floor.  Right now we have two corner litter boxes for them to use
and we are still cleaning up poopies nearly everyday from the floor.  I
was wondering whether anyone had any tried and true methods for training
ferrets to use a litter box.  I really want them to have full reign of
the cage but it is very hard to clean up after them every day.  I know
that ferrets do miss every once in a while but I really believe that I
have a ferret that just doesn't like or know how to use a litter box.

Thanks!
Rebecca