From:
MR CHARLES R ONKEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 1996 18:48:19 -0500
The following ad appeared in last Sunday's Orlando Sentinel in the
announcements section of the classified section ****CENTRAL FLORIDA FERRET
FRIENDS-is a group to turn to for answering questions, learning more about
Ferret, help with the local Ferret Shelter, or just meet other Ferret
owners.  Interested?  Call 407-380-8712 or 407- 895-1895.**** I called the
first number and spoke to the lady who answered.  She presently has 17
Ferrets, both her own and rescues.  She is at the present just gathering
names and phone numbers of interested owners.  She mentioned maybe having a
brunch meeting in the near future.  She also asked if I had heard of Chere
McCoy and knew about her new meter reading job.  We got so involved in
talking about Ferrets, that I never even got her name.  Can you imagine
that?  (G) If you are in the Orlando area, and I have noticed one or two
posters recently who are, give her a call.  She knows about the FML but is
not currently on the mailing list.  Not enough time, she said.  She gave me
permission to post the ad on the FML.  She also mentioned that Miami is
currently a "hotbed" of ECE, so you might want to be cautious if headed in
that direction.