From:
Yo land Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 1996 15:57:06 -0400
I am writing this letter after I took some time to get my emotions together
and give an mature response.  I feel this is going to be hard to do.  So,
first I would like to give a special thanks to those who wrote me personally
and gave good advice on how to handle my ferrets.  I followed most of the
advice and yes they have become very loving pets.  Thanks to those who wrote
with a solution not just talk.

Second, I must defend myself against those who felt it important for them to
keep repeating what other readers have already wrote and complained about.
I assumed the mean responses would have stopped when Madison made it clear
all pets can be tamed and you do not have to put up with unwanted behavior.
But I see there are some who still want to point the finger instead of
helping solve the problem.  Renee Jones, I am much more mature than to get
on AOL an ridicule you nation wide.  Along with the others who felt it was
mature to put me down instead of offering to help.  It is obvious you do not
have to much patience if you let my letter upset you that much.  If it was
that upsetting you should have emailed me directly and we could have had a
discussion about it.  Do not put me down personally because you do not know
me and 10 lines in this newsletter is not enough to let you or anyone else
personally know me.  I assumed this newsletter was to talk about ferrets,
well I do not live in a fantasy world and mine are bad.  If you do not want
to hear the good with the bad then I do not need to belong to this group.  I
could go on and on with my personally opinions about someone who can judge
and put someone down to make themself look better, but I will not.  I will
not turn this into a war.  Just from now on I have been given construcive
criticism, before anyone else tries to jumb on the bandwagon and put me down
read the other letters so you will not repeat other letters as Renee did.
Frankly there is no need to even write anything negative because I pay those
letters no mind, I enjoy when people use their energy to be helpful.  The
only reason I wrote this letter is to defend myself.  I will not give my
ferrets up that is to easy nor will I let them train me.  Unless anyone has
something nice to say do not bother to make an *** of yourself and write
nation wide with unhelpful, wasteful words.  Once again, I would like to
thank those who wrote me and gave me advice, the ferrets are much better
now.  Sorry if this is to long.  One more before I go .  To a lady, I
believe Katherine, excuse me if I am wrong.  You kept making neg.  comments
and then stating "Oh, I was so mean." Then why do it, your ferrets are not
mine and as everyone has stated they are all different so do not judge mine
by yours.  And if if you knew you were being mean why would you do it?
Thank you, Yolanda

[Moderator's note: Maybe I glossed over it, but I don't remember any major
personal attack.  A difference of opinion - yes.  I'm sorry if I missed it
the first time around... please remember we learn from different opinions,
as long as they are well reasoned.  Pure flames will be deleted.  BIG]