From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 13:24:32 -0500
Dawn, let it drop.  I well recall the situation and what happened, how
healthy the little ones were, and what was said off list, as do others.
Let it drop.  Let it drop.  Forget it.  Move on.  Let her live her life
and you live your's; accept her having different beliefs as she already
has accepted that your's differ from her's.  Don't worry it to death.
Let it drop.  Let it drop.  Life goes on.

New little guy is Oberon, apparently.  Needed to have a name rapidly for
medical records due to have to go into hospital.  His tail amputation
suddenly got infected, but we caught it fast.  (He'd come INTO the shelter
we got him from with gangrene of the tail from an abuse with a tight
rubber band,in addition to starvation and parasites.) He's a doll and very
kissy-lovey.  Yvonne and Anne sure did fine work with him at the shelter
(Fuzztek in central NJ) and they sure got him very, very far in his
recovery, plus they and Dr. Kim saved his life.  Amputations can be tricky
and develop sudden infections, but it was caught fast, and there doesn't
seem to be tissue retraction at this point which is great.

He COVERS faces with slobbery kisses, sleep in shirts, and was so set on
not leaving the house that he began loud baby whrack-whrack crying when
taken to the hospital.  It will be good to have him home again.

Steve and I did most of over-night and early morning as shifts with him,
soaking and draining, and soaking and...

Too rushed and missing things in letters too much recently again.
Please, forgive.

Pat L. wrote:
>Wouldn't it be wonderful if people could take a lesson from ferrets and
>love unconditionally?  Ferrets don't care what your sexual preference
>is..nor your religion..or even the color of your hair.  All they do is
>love a person for WHO they are.  In fact, most of our pets could teach us
>a thing or two if we only take the time to listen.

YES!  That sure bears repeating!