From:
"Dawn Smith, LOS National" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 00:20:42 EDT
Hi all,

I am sorry to be writing everyone in reminder that I still have Canadian
Babies from the rescue moms available.  They all getting older and are so
cute.  The Canadian Rescues were born on 05/17/04 and 05/18/04(at 12am on
the dot).  Here's the link to see the babies:
http://pages.ivillage.com/losferretfiasco/

The other litters were my personal breedings.  I want to see the rescues
adopted before the personal breeder babies.  I only breed as part of a
program to bring back the health and longevity of the ferret.  All the
babies under my care whether rescue or not get the utmost care.  I spare
no expense to make sure they get the best from the beginning.

I also have a 5 year old sable girl up for adoption.  Though I have
several other rescues, they continue to have health problems.  For
example my one rescue had a his left adrenal removed, 4 non cancerous
tumors and part of his pancreas.  Prior to his surgery he had an allergy
to chicken that was slight but now that he has had his left adrenal
removed since March his, right adrenal has begun to swell, his allergies
have worsened and due to the surgery he developed a hernia.  So after
spending over $2,000 on him, he is still not well.  He is just one of
many rescues that I have in my shelter or in my subshelters.  This is
definitely not a good year for adrenals it seems.  But all we can do is
keep on going.

I am not asking for anyone's help donation wise, but I would like to
place the babies from the rescue moms.  At the moment, I cannot take in
any more rescue because as the babies grow they will need to be separated
into different cages.  As for the babies from my own breedings they were
placed well in advance before they were even born.  I have offered to
several of these people a chance to adopt one of the Canadian Babies.
Most of the Canadians are sable.  This seems to be the hardest sell
because no one wants the sables but a select few.  But if anyone is
interested or knows of anyone looking for a sable, let me know.

Thank you all for your time and consideration.  If anyone has any
questions or wishes to respond to my post, please email me directly.

Sincerely,
Dawn Smith