From:
Gerry Seda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 22:11:42 -0500
I'm in the process of moving and all my ferret books are packed so I hope
someone can help me here.  I think my 4 year old Snickers, may have adrenal
but the only symptom I remember is hair loss.

A couple weeks ago he started losing hair on his lower back and tail and I
thought he was going through a coat change as some of my other guys were
going through it.  Well, they've grown their hair in nice and thick but he
is continuing to lose his!  (He also has a spot on his side, where the vet
had shaved it to treat a scrape..that has never grown back and that was a
few months ago) He seems ok otherwise..playing, his little bully self!
What else should I be looking for?  And what is the usual treatment for
adrenal?  (Other than surgery) Is there anything I can be doing for him
here at home...special food or anything like that?  I will of course be
taking him to the vet but no one to drive me there till after the holiday.
In the meantime, I want to do whatever I can for him.

Thanks alot!