From:
Tina Cox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 13:14:33 -0500
Dear Sir or Madam:

I am in sincere hopes that you can help me out in my newly found
situation.

My husband and I recently adopted a little girl through the State of
Oklahoma who has many special needs.  She was horribly abused in both her
biological home as well as in the foster care system.  She was only 3 1/2
when we got her.

After much research..  I decided that a ferret would be a great pet for
her.  Needless to say.  the little darling stole all of our hearts and
was truly the best thing we could've done for her.  In my research about
ferrets.. I soon found that there was no shelter or rescue for them in
Oklahoma.  So.. Partly for our love for the critters and partly as a
great way to bond with one another..  My daughter and I started a ferret
rescue out of our home.

We now have 9 ferrets!  With our limited means to begin with, the
counseling and doctor bills, there's very little left over.  We didn't
consider how expensive caring for more than one of these guys would be!
So here we are -- struggling to keep this facility alive.  It has done
wonders for my daughter..  She has so much pride and feels so confident
in herself for being in charge of daily care, etc.  of these guys.  I
really don't want to give it up..  It's the first thing I've found that
we can do together that she doesn't push me away.

We made up a website to help find home for the fellas..  It is
www.mixx-it.com/ferts.  Our Tax ID number is: 81-0572149.

I was hoping you could help us with some of our needs.  Could you please
donate any of the items listed below?  Gift certificates, coupons..
anything would be so greatly appreciated!

Supplies: Fervac-D distemper vaccines; Flea Control (Frontline,
Revolution, etc.).

Food: Totally Ferret, Zupreem, etc.

First Aid: Feeding Syringes, Pepcid AC, Children's Benedryl, QUICKCHEK
ADV Point of Care Test (POCT),

Misc: Toys, ferret friendly Litter, treats, plywood and other building
materials.

I sincerely hope you will consider helping our rescue!

Tina Cox
6811 S. 30th W. Ave
Tulsa, OK 74132
918-446-3098