From:
Date:
Thu, 19 May 2005 13:25:57 -0400
While I was at the St. Louis conference, I heard something disturbing
that I couldn't forget.  Merial was supposedly stopping production of
the Ferret Distemper Vaccine PureVac.  I called the Canadian based
company today and spoke with their production manager.

He has assured me this is not the case.  They were having production
problems but expect to have product back on the market by September or
October of this year.  The manager tells me that he was at a conference
(within the company) last month and was given no indication that this
vaccine will not longer be produced.

He also notes that while we, the ferret community, are a very small part
of their business, Merial knows we're very important and will do whatever
they can to get the vaccines out as soon as possible.

I hope this puts some of our worries to rest, I know it did mine :)

Randy Melanie Belair
President
The Ferret Aid Society "For the Love of our Fuzzy Friends"
<http://www.ferretaid.org/>