From:
Sandy Streit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Feb 1996 16:56:08 PST
We had a funny thing happen a couple weeks ago.  I was reading in bed.
Bandit was VERY soundly asleep crosswise to me, his head towards me.  When
my SO came to bed, I reached over to shift Bandit.  As I lifted him, my SO
started screaming "There's a turd, there's a turd!".  Bandit had pooped
while he was asleep.  The turd never touched the bedspread.  It was
suspended in fluffy hair.  I grabbed a tissue to catch the offending
material.  As I wiped, Bandit woke and gave me an odd look, as if to say
"Why are you wiping my butt?"

Bandit's glaucoma--The pressure in the eye has been slightly reduced by the
medication.  We are using something called Tinoptic.  We started dosage at
once a day.  Dr had us increase it to twice a day.  We still may face
surgery though.  He has another checkup on Monday.  So far Bandit has shown
no signs of his eye bothering him.

As for the "rattlesnake" tail-shake, our other ferret Mandy (the beautiful
white snowflake girl) did that the other day when we were playing with her.
It was so funny.  That was the 1st and only time we ever saw that behavior.
Mandy doesn't play as much as Bandit.  She has important chores like hiding
food (which Bandit eats before she gets a chance) or putting her squeaky toy
back in bed after the stupid humans have moved it, or looking for treasures
(sox, etc) to add to her stash.

We got a toy that both ferrets find very interesting.  It's a plastic flying
saucer gyroscope.  It makes a humming sound when you spin the gyroscope.
Mandy was afraid for about 3 minutes.  Probably thought there were genuine
space aliens (or cats) about to attack us.  Bandit and Mandy obsess on this
item and would love dearly to steal it.  I'm afraid they will break the
plastic apart and ingest it, so this is a toy that is used with careful
supervision.

     Sandy Streit