Date:
Sun, 15 Nov 2009 09:06:54 EST
I have what I call *stations* in every room of my home. I have litter
boxes in almost every corner of every room. I measure a home before I
move in, and measure the furniture PLUS litter box room and a place
for broom and dust pan to determine placement of all.

I have a paper towel roll and spray bottle in every room with a waste
receptacle. I have a broom and dust pan in the den, bedroom, and
kitchen. I clean up twice a day. I spray, and let that soften any
waste, while I change food and water dishes in the rooms. Then I wipe
up on the return trip.

I buy cleaning solution in bulk, and fill up the smaller spray bottles
with solution and water. These get replenished when they begin to feel
light. I use several solutions...all safe for ferrets.

Having a small garbage bin in each room allows me to let it fill up
before it is disposed of. This saves in garbage bags and trips to the
garage.

I have tried other things over the years. But this works beautifully
for me. I still find large deposits under the bed once or twice a year.
But all my floors are ceramic now, so I no longer have the carpet
nightmare to deal with.

I do place down runners and carpet pieces when my guys get hind leg
weakness and need to grip onto carpeting for better traction. I find
pieces that can be machine washed for the most part.