From:
MR CHARLES R ONKEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 11:22:44 -0500
The storm that blew through Kissimmee missed our house.  There were some
homes and businesses damaged and destroyed less than a mile away, but we had
zero damage.  I talked to Debbie Coburn, in Orlando, and called the animal
control locally and told them if they had any ferrets brought in to call
either of us.  We take them our old newspapers (I work at a paper), for
their litter, so I have a small "in" with them.  They said they would.

Got email from Mike Janke Monday morning inquiring if we needed anything.
Nice of him to ask.

In my personal "ferret live", things are not so good.  Had to take Bandit to
the vet a couple of weeks ago.  Losing hair, and blood test showed sugar
level at 37.  He is on prednisone and lysodren.  Then he started acting
strange at "pee time", so he is also on clavomox.  Poor little guy sleeps 99
percent of the time.  Wakes up for his meds and duck soup, walks around a
few minutes and goes back to sleep.  Bandit came to us from the animal
control I mentioned earlier.  He was found wandering around the streets.  He
is an MF ferret with the least aggressive personality I have ever seen in an
animal.  We are caring for him as best we can.  Sure hope he doesn't need
surgery.  We love the little guy.

Charlie in Kissimmee