From:
FerretGirl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 09:28:15 -0800
Hello FML,

I recently moved to a tick infested area (lucky me).  My 4 yr.  old
silvermitt seems to attract ticks EVEN indoors.

I am constantly picking ticks off him.  He has been bitten 3 times.  I am
told we have American dog ticks and deer ticks in my area.

Many humans have contracted Lyme disease where I live.

I have had my ferret tested for Lyme disease several times and each one
(knock on wood) has come up Negative (NO lyme disease).

NONE of my other ferrets, or cats have ever been bitten or bothered by
ticks.

I have bathed him in tick shampoo, tick mousee...but the ticks still find
him.  These shampoos are very harsh and seem to irritate his skin.

Does anyone out in ferret land have any expereince with tick bites or Lyme
disease in ferrets?  Can anyone help me keep ticks off my fuzzie one?

My silvermitt is the unlucky one.  Please e-me privately if you can help.

Thanks in advance,

F.G.

theglobe.com
  Your friendly full-service integrated online community.
  http://www.theglobe.com