From:
Kimberly Gunderson/Gorman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 08:06:28 -0700
Sandee:
I noted that you posted regarding "going to da cat area" - to check on
"da cat".  But, since you used NO name, I have no idea if you were
talking about my Sinbad.  If it was, then I thank you for your kindness.
If it was someone else you were posting for - I guess they would want to
know if it was for them also.  My cat's name was Sinbad.  Not "da cat".
I believe I used it in my post.  He was just as precious to me as my
ferrety kids - whom also have names.  If I sound insulting, forgive me.
I mean no insult.  I guess that with my heart being shattered in so many
pieces, I wanted to see a "wonderful" entrance to the rainbow for this
special cat, that all our ferrety buddies get when they hit the Rainbow
Bridge.

In my house, no one is more precious or special than the next.  My heart
would be equally broken should any of my other furry friends be taken
before their time.  You see - this cat was more than just "da cat" to me.
He faced certain death in Mexico - where I found him - and was already
"dying" from starvation.  By some great intervention of God - I was able
to be at the right place, at the right time, to "save" him from certain
death.  He became my shadow and best friend.  I looked forward to the end
of a long day - because I KNEW that at the end of the day - he would be
waiting for me - right at the door - to greet me with "feed me now"
meows.  He was there before we began our "ferrety rescues".  When we
moved from our rented home into our purchased one, the ferts refused to
come out of their cages.  He would sit outside the cage and watch - meow,
and generally try to "coax" them out.  One day - he finally went INTO the
cage with them and laid down.  After they were done climbing all over
him, they ALL exited the cage.  He was instrumental in their adjustment.
He also was the only one who would tolerate Artemus - chewing on him and
taking free rides around the house on his back.  Who knows?  Maybe he was
a fert in another life?  If the Rainbow Bridge holds ALL our animals - I
know for a fact, that my Sinbad is over in the Ferret area - giving free
rides, free fur re-arrangement with his tongue, and watching over all of
the fuzzies he can - as he watched over his ferret brothers and sister
here.

Three years was not long enough to have with him.  It is hard not to be
angry that he was taken early, when I know I should be thanking my lucky
stars that I DID get those 3 years, and they were the happiest ones of my
life, due to the joy and laughter and "quiet" mentoring of this one
special cat.

Unfortunately - that does nothing to remove the pain I am experiencing
daily.  I suppose I didn't realize you are strictly a ferrety angel - so
I guess I may have perhaps asked the wrong person to check on my Sinbad.
Forgive me my ignorance.  Again, if it was Sinbad you checked on - then
you have my heartfelt thanks.

Kim & her "ark" of kids - missing one very special piece of my heart -
Sinbad