From:
Mya Mackey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Sep 2003 09:03:57 -0300
Mine come to their names like dogs would!  heres how I taught them though
I have to admit to took a lot longer then a dog and alot my patience

I associate their name with their favorite toy Drizzet loves the jingle
ball Falkkor loves the squeek toy,

For instance I use the squeek toy to make a noise to get Falkkors
attention then call her name, if she start to come I continue to use to
her name "Falkkor, come here falkor" when she starts to stray I squeek
the squeek toy only once and call her name again, when she finally comes
I pick her up and shower her in love and give her ferretone on her belly
or my finger I repeat this 4 times an hour 3 times a day and slowly
didn't need to use the squeek toy as much and now she comes to her name
and I don't need the squeek toy at all.  just a treat when she does come

ferrets are very smart if you don't have a treat every time they don't
come every time