From:
Matt Staroscik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2008 00:25:00 -0800
Tonight I realized that one of my ferrets--my first, who is now about a
month shy of 9 years old--her time will soon be up. I adopted her when
she was about 1 year old. I am sick at the thought of what I will have
to do in the next week or two, but unless she turns a corner very soon,
poor old Eris just doesn't have the quality of life that she deserves
anymore. She has had a good life though, and has been a wonderful
companion.

Nearly 9, and a Marshall's ferret even!

And my other critter, Huey, who is 6 and change, he just was diagnosed
with insulinoma, but the pred is working great and he has some good
time left to him.

I'm not here to complain, though. I am here to thank everyone on the
list, and on the other ferret health list, too. For nearly a decade
I have been reading, not every day, but often enough. Every question
I have had regarding health or behavior or anything else has been
answered either in the archives or in person. When Huey had his first
insulinoma episode, I knew what it was and kept my cool because it was
wisdom I soaked up from the ferret community.

So thanks from me, and from Cracker (dearly departed), Eris (soon to
leave us), and Huey (still hopping, if slowly). We have all benefited
from your efforts here.

Best,
Matt S.