From:
moulitsas markos chr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 1996 22:25:53 -0500
Hello everyone.  I'd like to take this opportunity to give a huge thanks to
the FML community, which has given me such overwhelming support the past few
days.  At last count, I had almost 70 messages of support from people all
over the world.  WOW!!!  I'll write you all back individually, but it will
probably take me a few days.  I trully am grateful beyond words.

Zoe is doing great.  As far as she's concerned, she never left.  She
promptly put all her toys, which I had taken out when I was looking for her,
back in their proper places ("HEY, who took the toy mouse out of my food
dish?!").  She slept at the foot of my bed last night, she scratched at the
bathroom door this morning, and sat next to me while I did my morning scales
on the piano.  She attacked my can of Mountain Dew during lunch, and tried
her darnest to sneak out the door when I left for class.  Some things never
change... :) You know what?  Everything Zoe does now seems brand new to me,
as though I had just gotten her.  Funny how we can inadvertantly tae our
most precious things for granted.

However, I seem to be suffering from some sort of post-traumatic stress
syndrome.  Every time Zoe is out of sight for more than 10 minutes, I start
feeling anxious.  In fact, last night I was convinced she had gotten out
again.  Knowing for sure that she couldn't have gotten out of the front
door, I convinced myself that she had found another way out, and spent the
next hour checking over the entire apartment for a hole I knew darn well
didn't exist.  Eventually, Zoe came out of some hiding spot with a look on
her face that clearly said, "What is this moron up to now?"

Once again, thanks so much to everyone.  When I wrote in the initial post
that I hadn't felt better writting about her dissappearance, I realize now
that I was wrong.  It did make me feel better, and I can't thank you all
enough.

And, is it a coincidence that Zoe and I were reunited the day after my
initial post?  Hmmmmm.......

        Markos and Zoe ("zzzzzzzzzzz")

p.s.  Incidentally, after I first realized she was missing, I looked online
to see if anyone had posted a list of things to do if their fuzzies escaped,
yet I couldn't find anything.  Many of the posts I received had excellent
suggestions, and I wish I would've had them during my initial search (I
always felt that I wasn't doing everything I could).  Therefore, if a "how
to find your runaway ferret" page does not, indeed, exist, I would love to
help put one together (compiling the suggestions and writing the HTML code).
Also, the page could have many of the "lost ferrets returning home" stories
that gave me the inspiration I needed to keep from losing all hope.  All I
would need would be a home for the page, since I don't have space on any
server.  If anyone is interested in the idea, please let me know.

E-Mail: [log in to unmask] (ignore the convoluted address on the message header.)

[Moderator's note: A web page would be great, though a plain text document
would probably have wider distribution.  If you do get together some text,
yes, that could be stored on LISTSERV here.  Lots of stuff in some past FMLs
to help... if I only knew where to look.  BIG]