Date:
Sat, 12 Jul 1997 00:55:35 -0400
Nori came out of his surgery fine today.  He's still a little groggy, and
probably not feeling too well, so he's been mostly sleeping since I've
brought him home.  He's had some Pedialyte and some Ferretvite, and it looks
like he nosed around in his food a bit.  He escaped (!) from the infirmary
cage, and we let him wander around (closely supervised) for about 5 minutes.

As healthy as he seems on the outside -- nice coat, good weight, good
appetite and stool, questionable lethargy over the past week, normal blood
values -- he's pretty messed up inside.  The 5cm mass, it turns out, was in
the right side of the pancreas.  The tumor was extensive enough that it
would have been impossible to resect, so they took a piece for biopsy.  His
liver has small nodules in it, which may or may not be associated with the
pancreatic mass.  Spleen was slightly enlarged.  Right adrenal was slightly
enlarged.  The biopsy results might come back tomorrow, but most likely,
Monday.  Until we know more about the nature of the tumor, it'll be
difficult to determine the appropriate course of treatment.

I'm still worried about the little guy, but I'm glad to have him home.
Bryan (the boyfriend) and I have been taking turns looking in on Nori.
That's how we'll probably spend the weekend.  The little ones are worth it,
though.

Thanks for listening...

 - Alyssa