From:
"AnNa M. aDaM sPeAr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 1995 21:02:10 -0600
Well, we STILL haven't sent out the sample from Beckett's spleen, mostly
because Dr. Williams and I are having a heck of a time getting together  on
this.  I have the AccuPath address now, Dr. Williams, and when I can get
ahold of my vet, I'll have her send it right out to you.  I hope this
sample doesn't get old and invalid and have to be taken again...

ANYway, Beckett is doing just fine.  And now he's spoiled rotten.  I'm not
sure what we're going to do when he can be with his sibs again.  He has the
run of the whole house twenty-four hours a day.  Sure, sure, some of you
give that priviledge to all of your ferrets everyday, but this is new for
Beckett.  And he's liking it!  He doesn't stop by the ferret mansion to
pout at his sibs anymore.  They're beneath him.  They're confined to a cage
expect when mom is cleaning litter boxes, and even THEN they only get that
back bedroom.  Beckett gets his own special bowl and he gets to follow Don
Gato (one of the cats) all day long.  Beckett doesn't get scolded for
tipping the trash over.  He gets raisin treats and sips of Coke more often
then the others.  He gets to sit on mom's shoulder while she brushes her
teeth and snuggle with dad while he watches tv.  The other ferrets are now
the Furious Five.  Jonathan and I get very dirty looks from them when we
pass the cage.  "Why can't WE come out?" Of course, I don't let them out
like I had because they may play too rough with Beckett.  So, they get
stuck in the cage except when I'm cleaning out the boxes.  This is daily,
of course, but not quite what they're used to.  I feel so bad for them...
I may just confine Beckett to the cage all day tomorrow and let THEM out...
Though I know they'll get their revenge when I do.  Yipes!!

Anna and Jonathan (mom and dad), Beckett (Frankenferret), the Furious Five,
the canines and felines.