From:
Aarrow-Ranch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2014 10:06:46 -0500
Mukluk has a most accurate watch where in the morning about 6 Am he
will get up out from under the bed spread to wake me up in his own way
of telling me "hey, bubba, is time to get up!". This morning he found
my hand which was on the pillow beside my head, he shoved his nose
under the palm and fingers. He knows that is the 'thing' that will pick
him up and will take him to his cage for the day. For sure he knows the
routine and was attempting to get that machinery in motion to do what
he wanted to have done for him.

He was very gentle in nosing under my hand but very determined and
forceful. The message was clear, he wanted me to pick him up and wanted
to be returned to his 'home', the cage that he knows for sure belongs
to him. I start to move to get out of bed and he will disappear over
the edge. Before my feet hit the floor I feel this cold nose bobbing
off my foot. He is telling me "hey Bubba! I'm down here, don't forget
me !!!". I get my glasses and make my way to the plywood block that
keeps him in the bedroom with me. He has a dish of water and kibble so
he can have a munch if he needs one but it has come time to leave. I
step over the plywood block and he will follow me all the way to then
stand on his hind feet and lean on the plywood. He is waiting for that
hand to come over and pick him up, which happens.

He then rests quietly in my arms until I get to the cage. He then will
give me some kisses on my hand, a kind of 'Thanks!'. I hold him up to
the cage door and he walks in. He has a routine where he checks his
kibble dish, then his hidy hole but then he rushes to the ramps, all
four of them, that leads to the bottom floor where he visits the litter
box for some much needed relief. Another tootsie roll for the
collection !!!

For sure a ferret will talk to you but one has to understand THEIR
language! They will tell you allot if you can only listen to them.

_12-2Addy CEO