From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 15:01:07 -0400
Ashling is fine but sleeping right now.  Still need to keep our eyes open
abotu her and isolate her a little longer to be safe, plus more laxative
again.  She just had a movement which didn't seem to have any threadds, so
the eary movements and the later ones seem to have passeed it all if lucky.
That was one scary and expensive sock she ate.  Sje came awfully close to
surgery.  Was so ahppy when she ate and drank this moring.  Hpep she stops
eating cloth - so much pain she showed till 7:30 today.

Meeteetse's lymph node has neoplastic changes -- not a malignancy at this
time but could become one over time; then it would still need to spread, so
that's really not all too likely to be a danger with her, given the rest
that's going on.  Her tow dangers are the back growth on her spine and the
insulinoma.  The node, the adrenal, and the pancreas just don't really
matter as mcuh in the old lady's picture.

We're stopping the DES because M was still up and down; he thinks it's
pain-related but that she isn't showing the pain much.  Here's what we are
trying: for one week one 1/8 of pred and 1/4 of pred each day restaarting
in addtion to her Proglycem; then he's going to start a pain drug for her.
I am not too clear on what heppen then so we'll have to ask again because
am pretty out of it.

I will try again to get slepp; think I got maybe an hour.  Last night maybe
had three hours, maybe two.  Feel my age today or older...