From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 12:37:48 -0700
Hello everyone... First I want to thank everyone for all of the cards and
letters about Zippys passing.  I am going to write a tribute to him but
cannot do it right now.  His passing hit me hard and I am still trying to
work through it.  He was my little shadow and my big boy buddy.  Tissue
samples were sent out to see why his kidney was irregular and the tumor
on his pancreas was so large.

I need to let everyone know that I will be "out" for a bit.  I am not
leaving any groups, just taking a step back for a few.

My mom had a heart transplant 2 years ago.  While her heart is doing
good, other problems have come up.  She cannot keep food in her system
for the last month or so.  It has only gotten worse.  Her current weight
is now 98 pounds and she is continuing to lose.  The doctors have been
running tests to see what is going on and have not found the cause.  I
spent all weekend with her, trying to help and trying to convince her to
go to the hospital.  She wouldn't go.

Today my dad called, she agreed to go in.  I will be going with my dad
today to take her to the hospital this afternoon.

Because of this I will not be answering many emails or on any groups very
much.  I need to direct my energy into her and helping her get better
before I can do anything else.

I will still be running the shelter (with Shawns help) and should be home
every night.

If you need to contact me the best way is going to be by the shelter
mail: [log in to unmask]

Thank you all for everything....

Joanne Ruffner
Ferret Corner Shelter
"Ferrets are the Spice of Life"
www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz
www.supportourshelters.org
www.geocities.com/neverforeverland

There's a pot of Ferret Love at the end of the Rainbow