From:
zoosferretsanctuary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2008 23:15:05 -0500
When we got the email, asking if our sanctuary could take any of these
little ones in, we offered to take up to four of the ones that "no one
would ever adopt" We knew there were others out there who could rehome
the healthy ones--but we didn`t want some of the others to fall through
the cracks. Hospice kids who deserve to be loved. We had some empty
levels on our meds wall, due to recent losses :(

Today, my husband (Zookeeper Kurt) drove to Indiana to bring back our
four rescues.

I need to tell you that Kurt`s seven hours of driving were well spent.
Not one of the ferrets has a full coat. (and Panda is naked!) We have a
motley crew here. Our work is cut out for us. Besides adrenal disease,
we see dehydration, tumors, skin irritations, scratches, a mass, muscle
atrophy, and possible insulinoma. All are very thin.

The GOOD news is that all are curious, and friendly. They appear to
understand that it just got better. They are all settled now, in
quarantine, in a nice, clean cage in the playroom. It is full of clean
fluffy bedding, fully-stocked food dishes, and sparkling fresh water.
Foster (the long, skinny albino boy with half his fur missing) just
used the litter box! We understand the ferrets had no litterpans in
their previous home, so we`re very proud of him.

We have just given them the same promise that all of our babies get.
"No one will ever hurt you or abandon you again. We will spend the rest
of your life, trying to make it up to you for what the last human did
to you. We will do our best to protect you from fear & pain--and we
will love you, until the end of your days..."

They are just precious.

Love,
Zoo