From:
Margaret Zick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 1996 16:06:49 -0400
Yes folks, its still eventually.  I think at this rate I will be lucky to
get up there for the next semester.

I wanted to tell everyone about the celebraties in the family.  The new
issue of "Ferrets USA", which I haven't seen at the bookstore yet, has an
article by our very own Patricia Curtis.  She covers the proper set up for
cages and bedding for safety.  It is on page 56.  And two of the pics for
the article are by yours truly.  Of course, they have my very proper current
legal name, Margaret Zick.

The picture with the ferret and the ladybug toy in the hammock is Miss
Esmerelda.  She is my all time champion kisser and war dancer and is my
little girl.  And she of course is very beautiful.  :)

The picture of the ferret with the missing foot is of Sampson, an adoptee
from the Houston shelter, The Ferret Waystation.  Sampson and his whole
litter were given to the shelter when the local couple who bred the parents
couldn't sell any of the kits.  Of course, they were trying to say they were
cinnamons.  They were 4 months old, never handled and biters.  Sampson came
with the missing foot, probably from a cage accident as the foot is missing
from the ankle down.  After lots of tlc he has turned into a real lap baby
and is very sweet.  I still have to be careful when he is by my face as he
will bite there, but no where else.  I think something must have happened to
make him nervous around peoples faces.

All of my worldly possesions are now in the garage in boxes, waiting for a
rental truck which is waiting on loan approval for the house.  Cross your
fingers and maybe I will get the go ahead by Friday afternoon and can pack
up and leave this weekend.  Otherwise you might want to watch the news for a
story on a crazy Houston woman going on a rampage.  You'll know who it is.;)

Eventually Mo' Maggie