From:
Holly Gorrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 2006 14:53:17 -0400
I have some mild allergies to dander, and I've used the Allerpet on
ferrets before.  It does help, and I didn't have any major problems with
it, but I also found a better, cheaper way to reduce dander.  A friend
told me to wet a cloth with distilled water and wipe them down.  I've
found that the distilled water seems to work just as well at removing
dander, and is cheaper, especially considering that it is purchased by
the gallon.  Since it is just water, it doesn't dry out their skin as
too much bathing would.  It also seems to make their fur very soft, or
removal of the dander does.  They are so soft and fluffy for a few days
after I do this.  It also seems to really wind them up when I do it.
They will dance around and jump and play.  They get all excited.  I only
give them their "sponge bath" about once every few weeks, and for me
that is enough, but my allergies are not all that bad.  I just thought
I would share another alternative that has worked pretty well for me.
I practically never bathe my ferrets, just wipe them down with the
distilled water, trim toenails and clean ears periodically as needed.

Holly
Icarus & Cato