From:
"Charleen H. Schuster" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 20:31:32 EDT
Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to make a comment on the post of today.  Outlaw Dook, I agree
with you completely about what you said Regarding Ed's Lipinski's Shelter,
Breeding area.  If he needs help there are people here in Washington that
would be willing to come and clean his shelter anytime.  After all, us
ferret women really know how to clean!

I am from Washington, but have never been to Ed's shelter so I cannot speak
for myself, just what I have heard from the West Wind that blows.

I think any shelter, breeder or Ferret owner, when they feel that its just
to much or they have taken on more then they can handle, you must know when
its time to ask for help from the outside!

Also I feel when someone is giving up their animals they should be very
careful who they give their animals to.

Washington does not have many shelters and there is a need for very good,
clean shelters, someday hopefully the Washington State Ferret Association,
will be in the position that we can open up a shelter, but until that time,
we have to help each other find good homes for the ferrets that are in need
of homes.

I only have 11 ferrets and I can tell you it takes me all morning to clean
cages, litter boxes, bedding, Make sure all ferrets get enough free time
upstairs in the ferret room and also I spend time every morning with my cup
of coffee sitting in the ferret room, watching them play and checking ears,
nails, teeth, making sure everyone is eating their food and seems to be in
good health for the day!  My ferrets have baths every month, bedding
changed at least once a week on the top where their hammocks, beds are and
almost everyday I end up having to change their sheets and towels that I
have under their litter boxes on the bottom of the cage.  There has never
been a day when they didn't have fresh water and food.  They have no ideal
what a empty water bottle looks like and as for food, well they have no
ideal what an empty food bowl looks like either.

Now maybe someday in the future, something may happen and I won't be able
to be the best Ferret mommy, but I hope and pray that I will be able to
ask for help when that day comes.

Please shelters, breeders, if you need help ask, don't wait till someone
offers, people don't know you need help until you ask!

Ferretails and the 11 tails