From:
"D.Steele" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Dec 1996 10:54:24 -0800
Hi,

My fert had a blood test in which the glucose level came back as 60.  The
test said it was low - as the minimum was 79.  I was told not to worry but
wanted to check and see if this level is okay in a ferret- I am afraid my
vet is not as experienced in these things as I would like as this is a no
ferret state.

I can't understand how the government of my state - CA - which is suppose to
be a liberal- live and let live kind of state - can outlaw ferts.  Cats are
so much more dangerous than our little loved ones.  If cats weren't so
widely owned they would be outlawed.  And I love cats too.  It is just that
if you really look at the situtation - a 1.5 lb trix eating pet just isn't
too tough.  Perhaps a public education campaign in which we would all
participate would help.  How about we all commit to posting a one page
notice regarding the dispostition and suitability of ferrets as pets in all
the pet stores in each area - Of course this would be for CA owners.  Also
there are usually bulletin boards in supermarkets that would work - also how
about the corner liquor store, which is privately owned and whose owner is
friendly to customer needs.  Also mom and pop stores, independent pharmacies
etc.  My goal for the new year is to do this in my city.  Let's all get
together and make a new effort for 1997.