From:
Katt Patt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2012 00:31:20 -0400
My friend has fleas bad. She has 1 sheltie (very thick coat), 1
mutt/collie/suluki/retriever mix, 5 cats, 5 ferrets and 2 cocketiels.

Frontline has stopped working on the ferrets after just a week!

Sargents drops worked on the 3 cats but her daughter used Hartz drops
on the other 2. Hartz not working. Bug bombed their home just last
weekend.

Fleas still there. Well daughter and son-in-law (my son) didn't pick
up their clothes so the fleas survived under them (sigh). Their hot
water tank is broken.

Everything is going wrong. They have bathed the animals in the cold
water with Dawn.

We read that Borax does a great job when sprinkled on, let to sit at
least a couple hours, vacuum up then remove bag from home.

But I also read that it is very toxic to animals that groom, such as
cats and ferrets.

Please - any advise I can give her? They are struggling with mounting
dialysis bills so buying a lot of the expensive items is totally out
of the question.

Thanks
Kathy of Sammy's Clubhouse Spokane Ferret Rescue and Education