From:
bill and diane killian - zen and the art of ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 10:34:02 -0800
>From:    Nemecheks <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Sick
>
>Just wondering here... Does anyone or has anyone ever owned a ferret that
>isn't sick with some costly disease?  It just seems like everyone who
>posts has a ferret that is really sick.  Can I too expect my ferret will
>one day be suffering with a sickness?

Hard to tell.  It is best to be prepared for problems.

But how often do you need to write in and ask for help with your healthy
well behaved ferrets?

Most are healthy and at least reasonably well behaved.

>From:    Suka Malone <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Food Debate
>
>It looks like a dreaded food debate regarding by-products and let me
>mention another product in pet foods called "animal digest".  I got my
>information on research done by Michael W.  Fox and Ann Martin recently
>and published in books, "Foods Pets Die For: Shocking Facts about Pet
>Food" and "Protect Your Pet: More Shocking Facts".  I urge you to read
>up and prepare yourself.  The latter was published in 2001.

Michael W Fox has no credibility with us.  He is a Peta bigwig.

Both of those books are what is called yellow journalism.  Neither should
be considered at all authoritative.

There are problems in industry - we are very much against the whole
corporate takeover of our nation - but there are some crackpots on the
other side as well.

--
bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets