From:
Scott Sinclair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 13:16:51 EDT
A plea from putorius:

I am sending this to all of you friends and family in the hope that we can
all make a difference in getting the governor of California to sign the
ferret amnesty bill (SB1093) when it makes it to his desk in Aug.  Time
is short..but we can still do it...

Petition signers DO NOT have to be registered voters in Calif....I
encourage you get youngsters to sign as well.  You DO have to be a
resident however.

If you live in California, please download the petition from
www.ferretnews.org or contact [log in to unmask] for snail or fax copies to
you.  Also, and most importantly...pass this along to folks who you know to
be animal lovers...those that believe in humane care for pets everywhere.
The current bill provides for that...

If you do not live in California, please forward this message to anyone
you know who lives there...you folks on the FML, FHL, FOB etc.  I know
that Jeanne has asked, but as a fellow fuzzy lover deeply committed to
seeing the wrongs "righted" here, I believe that everyone has to get
involved on some level...even if it is a mail list forward.  Thanks...

I ask each of you to collect a minimum of 40 signatures (100 would be
great)...that is just 2 pages worth (and I know that each of you knows at
least 40 other people).  A local pet store here gathers 2 pages almost
every day...and so far 2 of us have gotten over 1400 sigs...all for about
3 days worth of work on our part.  This is a GRASSROOTS movement and it
must spread far and wide within our borders.  Please do this for Olde
Scott, CP and the kidz.

Thanks SOOOOOO much...I know that you won't let me down...

putorius