From:
Angela and Darryl Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 11:54:22 -0500
In Loving Memory of  Hunnie

We only shared four months with our Hunnie, but she embedded in our heart
throughout her stay with us.  We was contacted by Gainesville Humane
Society in Gainesville, Georgia, about four ferrets they had and asked
us to pick up two of them, and when we arrived it was only Hunnie there
for us.  Gainesville HS, received the four ferrets, with 40 dogs, 40
cats, a skunk, and Iguana, from a womans home that all these pets was
living inside her home, in filth, feces, and multiple illnesses, that
was created by this poor care and provisions provided.  Our original
exam with Hunnie at our vet, said she is aproxiamately 6 to 7 years
old, a broken rear foot due to the lack of nail trimmings, and a heart
condition.  She was also retaining water a bit so meds was given daily
to help relieve the water.  She seemed happy, my personal masseuse for
my feet, She would spend the first five minute of her outing Hunnie
would insist of coming to my bare feet and do her slight nibbles and
licks, and chin rub one foot at a time.  Once she was done then she would
play around.  This was the love she gave me each day and was a major
requirement to her.  No bare feet around, she would give me a look, and
not do nothing till she was able to do my feet.  She was seeming to
improve each and everyday with us.  Then on Saturday, November 01, 2003
we took her for a vet visit, because the water retaining was returning
and the meds was not working.  Hunnies nerves was acting up also, and her
heart condition seemed to be getting worse.  Upon that we concluded that
she obtained Heart worms.  It is extremely rare for a ferret to get but
from the prior home she was in with all the other animals that this is
how she contracted it.

So to end her suffering and pain she was enviably going through, was had
to make the decision that no one ever wants to make.

So now she is crossing over that bridge, and my sorrows and missing
her even more.  Through out her pain she was in she was loving us, me
especially throughout her pain was still there.  Just the other day I
just got done sending our request to the Giving Tree for wishes of gifts
of thanks to other people willing to give to a needed ferret.  I m
posting all this in my memory, so that in fact anyone that gives to the
giving tree, regardless of the location of shelter the gift is going
Please if you give a Hammock, state it is a Hunnie Hammock to what ever
ferret it goes to.  Cause the comfort that ferrets find in sleeping in
those hammocks well Hunnie was our Hammock and we will never forget her.
For one ferret to express the love she gave us showed her big heart and
love.

Finally, we are going to pursue more charges against the prior owner due
to her lack of proper care, and provisions that caused her to obtain
Heart worms.  We are heartbroken over her loss, and spent overwhelming
time to save her from her suffering, and yet it was too late from day
one of my hour and a half trip to Gainesville.

Hunnie We Love You!!  God bless, may your pains be at ease.

With Love,
Darryl & Angela Smith
Georgia F.E.R.R.E.T.S.