From:
Debbie Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2006 09:24:09 EDT
I am one of your "lurkers," watching all the information come through and
all the "disagreements" over posts.  I have not posted in over a year, a
long time to our little loved ones.  It has been a difficult time, this
last year.  My heart has taken a sever beating.  Of my seven fuzzies, I
have one left.  All were in the 8 to 10 year old range.  Bandit, my
remaining fuzzball (and a rescue like all the others), is in that age
bracket herself.  We lost one male cat (three more of the same litter to
go) to urinary crystals and both my Siberian Huskies to old age (10 and
11).  Zeus, my male Husky, went June 27th.  Needless to say, my vet knows
me very well.  Now to the reason for my post.

We all have heard and know about the Rainbow Bridge.  With my Zeus's
passing, my vet sent (another) card of condolence.  Inside this time
was another little card.  It contained the Norse legend of the Rainbow
Bridge.  I would like to recite it to all of you to remind us of why
we are on this list to begin with...our beloved pets.

     By the edge of a wood, at the foot of a hill,
is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.
Where the friends of man and woman do run,
when their time on earth is over and done.

     For here, between this world and the next,
is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.
On this golden land, they wait and they play,
till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.

     No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,
for there they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.
Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,
their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.

     They romp through the grass, without even a care,
until one day they start, and sniff at the air.
All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,
then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.

     For just at that instant, their eyes have met;
Together again, both person and pet.
So they run to each other, these friends from long past,
the time of their parting is over at last.

     The sadness they felt while they were apart,
has turned into joy once more in each heart.
They embrace with a love that will last forever,
and then, side-by-side, they cross over.......
together.

I know each of us will be met by many at the Bridge.
Dokes and wardances to all!
Debbie