From:
Laraine Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 May 2005 23:21:03 -0400
I agree that euthanasia for our babies is a wonderful topic to explore.
I have been through several kinds that I can share with you, but I don't
know the meds that were used, sorry.

1. Vein stick - my very first ferret.  It went very smoothly, but only
recently did the vet mention that hitting the vein was pretty much just
good luck.  She wasn't real familiar with ferrets at the time (many years
ago), and no one had told her that the tiny veins were hard to find!

2. The one time we did a heart stick, my poor baby let out a cry, so I
will never do that again.

3. I have since gone to the abdomen stick, and that has been the most
peaceful for the ferret.  Only once did one seem to have a quick
reaction, but it only lasted a second or two.

I will be very interested to hear other's experience.  My heart goes out
to all who have recently experience this necessity (my last baby left for
the bridge on April 7), or who are having to contemplate this in the near
future, esp. Sean and Rocky.

Dooks to all!
Laraine