From:
DOUGLAS SCHOLTES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 1995 19:11:58 -0500
Hi Everyone,

I've been reading about some who have had trouble litter training their
buddies with any real success. I have read in the past that when adopting
ferrets at a real young age that they are not taught by their moms to use
the litter box. I was wondering how many of those who have what they would
call problem children, as far as litter boxes go, bought there buddies
at a young age? Say 7 wks and under. And if the people who consider their
little terrors model litter box users if they weren't allowed more tutoring
time with mom.

It would be information I would use, when I started looking to get another
ferret. It seems there are some that do have good success when training them.
I was just wondering if allowing them more litter time was a big part of it.
I think people would stop to consider it also if they knew that waiting a
couple of extra weeks before taking a baby home.

Thanks,
Doug, Pauly, Odie