From:
Judith Manning <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 1994 16:57:33 -0500
I'M A LITTLE NEW TO THE ELECTRONIC "HIGHWAY":  WHAT DOES "ECHOING" MEAN?

[You don't have to shout ;-)  "ECHO" means "rebroadcast on a BBS".
Somewhat similar to "gatewayed into a USENET newsgroup", except that
it's on toy computers instead of real ones.]

If this means that they "listen in" I would like to know why they want to do
this.   Are they actual subscribers? I suppose they have the right to
subscribe like anybody else.  I tend to agree with Bruce and Inez;  this is
about pets.  The issue of animal experimentation is a very complex
philosophical one and I don"t want this list to turn into a discussion on
this topic.  A separate list could be devoted to this topic.  I'm new to
this list-signed on a few months ago but just introduced myself and my
ferrets(723)- and I so enjoy reading about ferret antics that I personally
don"t want the "flavor" of the FML to change.  Both my husband and I have
used animals in research-in fact that is how we were introduced to ferrets!
We no longer do this!   So if we"re voting- I "echo" the views of Bruce and
Inez.  judy

Judith K. Manning, Ph.D
Dep't. Medical Microbiology and Immunology
1300 University Ave.
Madison, WI 53706