From:
The Weyr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Nov 2008 20:35:08 -0800
I'm afraid I need to test the 'just one more' philosophy.

I got an email several days ago from some folks who clean apartment
buildings. They had found two ferrets outside one of the buildings they
clean. Initially all they told me was they 'found a ferret'. Twenty
four hours lapsed between the time they sent the email and the time I
got it and was able to respond. When I did, I asked if they had found
the owner yet. No answer. More than a week passed and I thought they
had.

Today they called and said they'd not found the owner and one of the
two ferrets had died!

I have two ferrets who are currently critical requiring feeding every 4
hours around the clock, in addition to the usual maintaince folks who
have to be medicated, transported to the vet, cleaned, fed, etc. etc.
Right now I'm at the limit of what I can successfully treat.

I have not yet seen this ferret. He could be a year old, or 7. He could
be healthy as the proverbial horse, or not. I do know they have begun
feeding him Marshall's and he is eating.

For the moment he is stable but I need a home for him ASAP.

Soooooooooo is there room somewhere in a home in Southern Nv. for 'just
one more'? I'll take care of his initial vet evaluation. I have cages
if you need one, and I can help with bedding, medical supplies, food,
if need be. What I don't have is time and space, I took a 'just one
more' little girl last week who is suffering brain damage due to
starvation and chronic low blood sugar. We are struggling to rehab her
and stabilize her blood sugar. The alternative for her is euthanasia
and I'm not willing to give up on her.

So please, someone, open your heart and a room for just 'one more' and
send me an email. We'll go get this kid and give him a ferret friendly,
permanent home.

Please.

Brenda, Momma to the FurpeopleWeyr
Http://FurpeopleWeyr.com