Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 13:16:08 -0800
What am I thankful for this year:
- My three fuzzies and the privilege of knowing them
- My adoring husband
- My supportive family and friends
- The knowledge that Rasta is healthy and happy over the bridge (though I
  miss him terribly!)
- All of my free time

I hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving and have plenty to be thankful
for!

Now I have some concerns.  I got a call last week from a pet store that
heard about me and wanted me to come and take a look at their kits.  The
kits were way too young to be eating hard food and the store has no idea
how to take care of them.  All six appear healthy - but thin.  My guess is
that they are about five and one-half weeks old.  Remember, I just got
done taking care of some from Petco and my husband does NOT want a foster
service in our home.  He feels that it takes away from the time I spend
with my own (he is kind of right).  I do not know how anybody does more
than four ferrets, I admire you if you can devote quality one-on-one time
with each.  Anyway, I went into the store and educated the employees and
the manager on how to care, what to feed, etc... I have been checking back
with them everyday but they really want me to take them in.  There is no
way.  They do not want to just hand them over to anyone, for some reason
they are set on me taking them home.  I told them that I would try to find
someone who could take them.  They told me NO shelters and prefer that the
person live on the Eastside (close to the store).  I am not aware of
anybody on the Eastside that are not a shelter.  If you are in the
Bellevue, WA area and are willing, please email me.

On another note...I got a call from someone that wants to get rid of her
three ferrets.  The reason is that she got the ferrets and her husband does
not like them.  He has told her that they must be out of the house.  She
was going to keep the cage outside until I told her "not in this climate."
The only other suggestion I could offer (she loves these ferrets) is too
get space heaters and put them in the garage (although this bothers me to
some extent because I worry about space heaters and fire safety issues).
Does anyone have any idea on how warm ferrets must be kept?  I would never
keep mine anywhere except inside my home, so have no idea.  One of them is
six years old, so this also concerns me.  If you have any other ideas
(besides "get rid of the husband") please email me.

THANKS!