From:
DJ & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 1997 18:17:40 -0500
I'm just posting becuase I am quite curious about something...most of the
male ferrets I know are VERY skinny and small...they are teh size of female
ferrets...but all of these are from either Hagen or CDC (Canadian breeders)
and were neutered/descented at 6 weeks of age.  Could this possibly be why
they are so small...I mean they are sick looking, they are so skinny, but
they are in perfect health.  I have a male that I had neutered when he was
about 4 years old and he is HUGE!!  He is approxiately 6 pounds.  Most
females Ive seen from these companies are also smaller.  I have a female
that was altered at about 3 years old and she is bigger than the males that
were fixed at 6 weeks.  Could this be why most of these early neutered
ferrets are so much smaller?  The idea jsut hit me now...I've always
wondered and never really thought WHY?  they are so small.  Anyone who can
shed some light on this topic, please e-mail me at: [log in to unmask]
Thank you very much!

LiZ
Tyler, Kendall, Fuji, Baby
(Echo, Taz, Baby Girl)--deceased
(Woody, Wolfgang, Gunter)--rescued and in NEW homes!!