From:
"S.Hewett" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 16:06:53 +0800
>Shirley, please, name the vaccine and manufacturer you mean.  Also, how
>common is CDV there in general?

Sukie, we use Fort Dodge's C3.  The vet told me that the vaccine is
manufactured here in Australia differently to the way Fort Dodge make
it in the US.  Even different adjuvants are used.  Perhaps folk could
contact Fort Dodge with a request.

Canine distemper is endemic to Perth and surrounds, but the vets report
seeing fewer cases among city dogs as the years go by.  One non-immunised
ferret had distemper 2 years ago, apart from that case, no distemper in
ferrets.  I can't speak for other parts of Australia.

Love & Dooks,
Shirley